How to be Good to Your Book
- Keep your book clean.
- Keep your book dry. Water can damage it badly.
- Keep your book safe from pets and younger siblings.
- Keep your book away from food. Spills happen.
- Don't lay your book facedown. That can break its spine.
- Use a bookmark-not a pencil or something too thick. That can break its spine too.
- Read and enjoy your book then return it on time so it can be enjoyed by other too!
How to Decide on a Book
-Look at the cover but don't use only that to judge your book.
-Read the summary on the inside flap or the description on the back cover.
-Look at the illustrations and skim the pages.
-Ask your friends for recommendations. You may like what they like.
-Read other books by your favorite author.
-Read about what you are interested in -like hobbies.
-Look at the books on display -especially the new book display.